how sweet it is-celebrating macaron day!

Mar 13

I missed last month’s Mactweets Challenge so I was extremely excited to see that the current challenge is in honor of Macaron Day-March 20.  I couldn’t miss out on the opportunity to celebrate our beloved macarons along with the world!  Mac Attack #27-Macaron Day is to celebrate and make the most extraordinary macarons.  Immediately when I thought of celebration, I saw color and SPRINKLES!  Going back to basics I decided to make a birthday cake themed macaron.  White cake and frosting with sprinkles–it screams celebration!

First I must admit to the following:

1. It’s been awhile since my last post, I can’t believe how quickly this year has gone by!
  2. I cheated just a bit and used a boxed white cake mix–but wait there’s a reason for betraying my “homemade is always better” saying (but then again my other motto is never say never).
  3. Regular buttercream, no Swiss Meringue Buttercream this time–in this case I am sooo fine with it.
  4. This turned out a little sweeter than my usual goodies–but as I said before I am sooo fine with it!
  5. Finally, I did make something extraordinary, but you’ll have to read on to find out : )

My birthday cake/cake batter macaron shells were sprinkled with some of the dry cake mix.  Next I made some regular buttercream with some butter, powdered sugar, and more of the dry cake mix (see I told you that there was a reason behind me cheating a bit).  Finally with the left over dry cake mix, I made some mini-cupcakes which I then cut into round disks to place in the middle of the macaron. Lastly lots and lots and lots of sprinkles-sweet let’s celebrate!

This makes me smile really it does.

Do you know what makes me smile even more??? I can’t contain myself . . . here’s a sneak peek. Wahoo more celebration!

Do you remember those ice cream push-up pops!!! Well they resurfaced I believe last year and instead of ice cream they contained cake, brownies, fruit, the possibilities are really endless.  So here is my super extraordinary macarons to celebrate Macaron Day! Birthday Cake Macaron Push-up Pops!  All my favorites in a little tiny container.  I couldn’t be happier and so appropriate considering the occasion.

These are so fun and festive-it may be my most favorite creation.  Although getting them to stand up to photograph was a bit of a challenge. Luckily my son loves his fruit loops.

I did try another approach to photographing them and bribed said son to hold them while I tried to take a pic.  That proved to be challenging as well since I got questioned every second, “Mommy when can I eat them!”

Celebrate with us and check out more macarons at the Mactweets blog click on the star of the month below-Happy Macaron Day!

Tagged: , , , , , , ,

Comments: 20

1. Melissa March 13, 2012 at 4:33 am Reply

This is insane!!!! You are getting better and better! You should compete at cupcake wars :) HUGS!!!

• ailovebaking March 13, 2012 at 6:09 pm Reply

Thanks Melissa! These were really fun to make : )

2. Bluejellybeans March 13, 2012 at 11:03 pm Reply

That’s a great idea!
    I’m going to join you and celebrate Mac day too :)
    Incredible beautiful photographs, by the way

• ailovebaking March 19, 2012 at 6:30 pm Reply

Thanks Giovanna! You don’t know how much this means to me. I’ve been a bit down lately about my photography skills and your comment makes me feel better. Many many thanks for making this blogger’s day!

3. sweeterrific March 14, 2012 at 5:08 am Reply

Very creative and I love the pictures!

• ailovebaking March 19, 2012 at 6:34 pm Reply

Thanks Lisa–ai love the push-up pops idea too! There is a cupcake bakery in the East Bay in Pleasant Hill that makes them and I was only eager to buy a few and enjoy them and bring them home to reuse for myself lol. I may just have to search the web to buy a few more containers : )

4. Anuja March 14, 2012 at 11:46 am Reply

lovely post. Your pics look great.

• ailovebaking March 19, 2012 at 6:53 pm Reply

Thanks Anuja for stopping by–these were so fun to make. I appreciate your comment about the pics! I haven’t been confident lately about my photography skills–thank you for making my day : )

5. Lora March 14, 2012 at 12:53 pm Reply

Macpushpops, just brilliant! These just scream “celebration”.

• ailovebaking March 19, 2012 at 6:53 pm Reply

Thanks Lora! Yes these were so much fun to make–yay for celebrations!

6. hicookery March 15, 2012 at 8:28 pm Reply

Aloha! Been so long since I made macs and visited your wonderful blog (went to Oahu 2x – in late December and went back in late January). Love the festive colors of your macs and how you incorporated them into push pops! Very creative. Happy Macaron Day.

• ailovebaking March 19, 2012 at 6:57 pm Reply

Howzit Hicookery! We also went back to Hawaii (Kona) recently. Visited with family and ate way too much! Thanks for stopping by : )

7. Deeba Rajpal March 17, 2012 at 11:40 am Reply

So glad to see you at MacTweets and the celebration is mind blowing. Creative genius may I say? oh yes, they are screaming celebration in every shot…FUN FUN FUN!! Happy Macaron Day!

• ailovebaking March 19, 2012 at 6:57 pm Reply

Thanks Deeba! Happy Macaron Day to you as well–yay for celebrating our beloved friend!

8. FoodBabbles March 21, 2012 at 12:41 am Reply

Holy cow!! I am utterly blown away by your creativity! These are such fun, not to mention gorgeous.

• ailovebaking March 23, 2012 at 4:54 am Reply

Thanks FoodBabbles for stopping by! These were so much fun to make and my kiddos loved them. Hope to see more of your macs this year through Mactweets : )

9. kat March 21, 2012 at 1:18 am Reply

sooooooooooo cute!

• ailovebaking March 23, 2012 at 4:57 am Reply

Thanks Kat for stopping by! I think these are my most favorite creation and by far the cutest : )

10. Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie April 1, 2013 at 4:11 pm Reply

Is the recipe for these posted anywhere?

• ai love baking April 2, 2013 at 6:01 am Reply

Hi Erin! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am so sorry and regret I didn’t post this recipe.

ai would love to hear from you!