I missed last month’s Mactweets Challenge so I was extremely excited to see that the current challenge is in honor of Macaron Day-March 20. I couldn’t miss out on the opportunity to celebrate our beloved macarons along with the world! Mac Attack #27-Macaron Day is to celebrate and make the most extraordinary macarons. Immediately when I thought of celebration, I saw color and SPRINKLES! Going back to basics I decided to make a birthday cake themed macaron. White cake and frosting with sprinkles–it screams celebration!
First I must admit to the following:
- It’s been awhile since my last post, I can’t believe how quickly this year has gone by!
- I cheated just a bit and used a boxed white cake mix–but wait there’s a reason for betraying my “homemade is always better” saying (but then again my other motto is never say never).
- Regular buttercream, no Swiss Meringue Buttercream this time–in this case I am sooo fine with it.
- This turned out a little sweeter than my usual goodies–but as I said before I am sooo fine with it!
- Finally, I did make something extraordinary, but you’ll have to read on to find out : )
My birthday cake/cake batter macaron shells were sprinkled with some of the dry cake mix. Next I made some regular buttercream with some butter, powdered sugar, and more of the dry cake mix (see I told you that there was a reason behind me cheating a bit). Finally with the left over dry cake mix, I made some mini-cupcakes which I then cut into round disks to place in the middle of the macaron. Lastly lots and lots and lots of sprinkles-sweet let’s celebrate!
This makes me smile really it does.
Do you know what makes me smile even more??? I can’t contain myself . . . here’s a sneak peek. Wahoo more celebration!
Do you remember those ice cream push-up pops!!! Well they resurfaced I believe last year and instead of ice cream they contained cake, brownies, fruit, the possibilities are really endless. So here is my super extraordinary macarons to celebrate Macaron Day! Birthday Cake Macaron Push-up Pops! All my favorites in a little tiny container. I couldn’t be happier and so appropriate considering the occasion.
These are so fun and festive-it may be my most favorite creation. Although getting them to stand up to photograph was a bit of a challenge. Luckily my son loves his fruit loops.
I did try another approach to photographing them and bribed said son to hold them while I tried to take a pic. That proved to be challenging as well since I got questioned every second, “Mommy when can I eat them!”
Celebrate with us and check out more macarons at the Mactweets blog click on the star of the month below-Happy Macaron Day!