Happy Easter and Happy Spring! Wondering what to do with leftover eggs that weren’t boiled for the kiddies to color? This is probably ailovebaking’s first savory post–eggs and bacon cupcakes! I know last year I promised more simple easy recipes and this one is as easy as it gets. When I first saw this on tablespoon.com I just had to try it. And what perfect opportunity for Easter brunch! I mean it has all the ingredients ai love!
The original recipe calls for the regular sized biscuits and making them in a jumbo-sized muffin pan, which I don’t own. So I found the smaller Grands Jr biscuits–fewer calories!
Eggs and Bacon Cupcakes (adapted from tablespoon.com)
5 strips of bacon (I used the thick sliced bacon)
1 can Pillsbury Grands Jr biscuits (10 count)
8-10 medium eggs (I made 5 sunny side ups and 5 scrambled versions)
salt and pepper for seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a regular cupcake pan with non-stick spray.
- Place one biscuit in each cupcake cup and press the dough up the sides 3/4 of the way up. Set aside.
- In a frying pan, cook bacon for about 3-4 minutes, but not until crispy. It will cook more in the oven.
- Cut each piece of bacon in half so that you’ll get 10 smaller pieces.
- Place one piece of bacon in each biscuit cup.
- Crack an egg over each bacon biscuit cup and season with salt and pepper. I used only a little salt since the bacon is already salty and a lot of pepper!
- If making scrambled eggs type, scramble remaining eggs and pour 3/4 into each biscuit bacon cup.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes, until eggs are firm and set (bake less if you prefer a more runny egg).
- Remove from pan and serve immediately.
I ended up making five sunny side-ups and five scrambled–so I used a total of eight eggs. If making all sunny-side ups use all ten. My ai kids think anything but scrambled eggs aren’t really eating eggs! Me on the other hand, give me the sunshine!
This was a perfect brunch meal and even more so on Easter. If you ever want to make something simple, yet has that “WOW” factor for your next Sunday brunch this is the ticket or cupcake!