I am writing this post early since we are off to Squaw Valley (Lake Tahoe) for the Thanksgiving Holiday. I couldn’t leave without posting a pumpkin recipe. I got this from a co-worker who made this healthy pumpkin bread and it was yummy! Thanks Jackie for the recipe and for bringing this treat into the office.
I am also excited to introduce my mini series! My mini series features my very own daughter–who at 8 helps me with baking. I am also teaching her how to use my camera, but it’s still very clunky and heavy for her to hold. I don’t expect her to have the same love and passion I have for baking, after all this is my dream not hers. However, as long as she is interested in baking with me–I will gladly continue to bake with her. Plus having a helper is so much easier.
I decided getting her point of view through an interview was the best format. I asked her if she wanted to use her real name or something made up just for our mini series. Of course she selected the latter. So without further ado, meet purple sweet potato and our very first mini series post for ai love baking!
- ai love baking: Hi honey, what do you like about baking?
- purple sweet potato: It’s a cool activity you can do with family and friends.
- ai love baking: What is probably the very first thing I taught you about baking?
- purple sweet potato: Always wash my hands and put my hair up.
- ai love baking: Hahaha actually you are right! Good girl. So what do you think of this recipe? Do you like pumpkin?
- purple sweet potato: Yummy of course!
- ai love baking: Let’s look at the recipe–it says we have to do some sifting, what does this mean?
- purple sweet potato: It means to put through that wire thing so that we don’t have lumps.
- ai love baking: Good, and it says to make a well in the flour. What does this mean?
- purple sweet potato: You have to push the flour to the sides and make a round circle in the middle for the liquids.
- ai love baking: Good girl–okay you ready to bake?
- purple sweet potato: Yep ready to make some sweetness!
I’ve made some adjustments to the original recipe and will note that in the recipe below.
I just had to take a quick shot of purple sweet potato with the camera and ai love baking’s “staging” box.
She really did take the photo below (okay I do have to put a disclaimer that I edit all my pictures with Photoshop including this one). The layout, props, and overall composition was her doing. She even went outside to pick some of these pretty Japanese Maple leaves.
How can I not be proud of her?! She did great for our very first mini series. So what is purple sweet potato’s rating on this recipe?